Tuesday, January 4, 2011

redirection


This is how I feel today ... withered, faded, old, sagging ... 

My ego is in charge today. My soul is crying. I feel ugly and rejected. Total ego.

The question I have asked myself and have no answer for is: Why do I feel rejected. Yes, I have placed myself in a situation where I am being judged first and foremost on my looks. I have lost that contest before I even started. And, yes, I am being rejected on that basis continually and in large numbers! So, what else is new? I know who I am. I know how I got here. I know where I am going. Kind of. And, not everyone is rejecting me - both in this situation and in my life. So, why do I focus on the rejection instead of the acceptance? Why do I value the opinions and feelings of those who reject me more than the ones who accept and embrace me? I am pretty much a glass-half-full type of person. Why not in the face of rejection?

The angels, of Ann & the Angels, say rejection is just redirection. So, if today I am focused on rejection, what new direction do I need to take?

No comments:

Post a Comment