Sunday, January 16, 2011

calling me


I long for a tipi. I want one for myself and to share with J and our friends. I have a friend who designed and built a ceremonial tipi - you can see it behind the paint horse in the photo in this post and the above photo is a detail of the interior. Until health problems prevented her from doing so, she held goddess celebrations in it on the full moon of each month. We drummed and passed the talking stick and held ritual, ending each gathering with the song Merry Meet. J asks me to sing the chorus every night before kissing her "sweet dreams."

May the circle be open but unbroken
May the love of Spirit be ever in our hearts
Merry meet and merry part
And merry meet again...

I don't know if I would hold ritual and celebration in it - although I suspect if I had a tipi, I wouldn't be able to keep it to myself! I want to look out my window and see it. I want to furnish it with native-inspired rugs and blankets and cozy chairs. I want to have morning tea in it - or rather morning coffee, since I really don't like tea. I try, but I just don't. I want to sleep in it and meditate in it and lounge in it and play in it and live in it.

Do I have a Native past life that makes this all seem so attractive and necessary? Or is it just the structure is so pure and beautiful? Or do I just want a tipi?

Blessed be...

No comments:

Post a Comment