Monday, February 14, 2011

state of the heart

The other day I made a Valentine's Day mix cd. Kind of a "state of my heart" at this moment in time in music. There may be more appropriate songs than the ones I chose, but my rule for making cds for myself is that I have to love the songs - they don't just have to fit, I must love them.


Save Me by Aimee Mann
Come on and save me
If you could save me
From the ranks of the freaks
Who suspect they could never love anyone
Glitter in the Air by Pink
Have you ever hated yourself for staring at the phone?
Your whole life waiting on the ring to prove you're not alone
Silver Stallion by Cat Power
And we're gonna ride,we're gonna ride
Ride like the one eyed jack of diamonds
With the devil close behind
Desperado by The Eagles
It may be rainin' but there's a rainbow above you
You better let somebody love you
You better let somebody love you before it's too late
Smile by Uncle Kracker
You make me dance like a fool, forget how to breathe
Shine like gold, buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Oh, you make me smile
Across the Universe by Rufus Wainwright
Pools of sorrow waves of joy
Are drifting through my open mind
Possessing and caressing me
Love Remains the Same by Gavin Rossdale
Drink to all that we have lost
Mistakes we have made
Everything will change
But love remains the same
Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison
Was it something I said or something I did
Did my words not come out right
Though I tried not to hurt you
Though I tried
But I guess that's why they say
Every rose has its thorn
Blue Roses Falling by Jake Shimabakuro
no lyrics, just incredible ukelele
Fall Into Me by Sugarland
Fall into me
My arms are open wide
And you don’t have to say a word
‘Cause I already see
That it’s hard and you’re scared
And you’re tired and it hurts
And I wanna be the one you reach for first
Blackbird by Sarah McLachlan
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
You've Got A Friend by Carole King
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there
You've got a friend
Everybody by Ingrid Michaelson
happy is the heart that still feels pain
darkness drains and light will come again
swing open up your chest and let it in
just let the love love love begin
Beautiful by Christina Aguilera
We are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring us down
So don't you bring me down today
Good Riddance by Green Day
Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time
It's something unpredictable, but in the end its right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
Someday by Rob Thomas
And maybe someday we'll figure all this out
Try to put an end to all our doubt
And try to find a way to make things better now that
Maybe someday we'll live our lives out loud
We'll be better off somehow, someday
Come On Get Higher by Matt Nathanson
If I could walk on water
If I could tell you what's next
Make you believe
Make you forget
Need You Now by Lady Antebellum
Guess I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all
Over the Rainbow by Eva Cassidy
Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true
Absence of Fear by Jewel
Inside my heart there's an empty room
It's waiting for lightning
It's waiting for you
And I am wanting
And I am needing you here
Inside the absence of fear

No comments:

Post a Comment