Saturday, February 12, 2011

mum's no longer the word

I never listen to the radio except when I'm in the car. And when J is riding along we listen to her music almost exclusively. While on my own, I've been catching bits and pieces of a song that I love love love by a band with a great great great sound - with a banjo, too! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to catch either the song title or the artist. Today that changed. Yay!!! On my 6 hour turnaround driving my Mom to her home and then coming back to mine alone, I finally heard both. The group is Mumford & Sons (I know. Where have I been? Apparently, they're nominated for two grammies!) Their debut song is Little Lion Man. Love the whole cd.

Weep for yourself, my man,
You'll never be what is in your heart
Weep Little Lion Man,
You're not as brave as you were at the start
Rate yourself and rake yourself,
Take all the courage you have left
Wasted on fixing all the problems
That you made in your own head
Little Lion Man
Mumford & Sons


see and hear them perform Little Lion Man here

Now I'm off to lounge on the sofa for the rest of the night. Probably tomorrow too. J and I are both sick. She with nausea and fevers; me with bad throat and ears - agony to swallow and can't talk above a whisper. Have to say, people around here are kind of happy about the last part...

No comments:

Post a Comment