Thursday, January 5, 2012

Way Back When 1

Back in June (of 2011), I took a photography workshop put on by a couple of incredible local wedding photographers. I learned so much and realized how much more I have to learn. Part of the workshop was a photography session with a local models. The first day was with one model - not a professional. She was a wonderful - and very beautiful girl. It's difficult to take bad photos of beautiful people! I suggested they hire someone like me to model for them. That would be a real test of skill!

The focus of the shoot on both days was glamour portraiture. The most important thing I learned is that glamour photography is not my thing. I prefer a more photojournalistic style where the personality of the people being photographed comes through. It was still a great experience.

The first day we shot at Chico State University in very, very hot weather in early afternoon. Here's a few photos I took that day.



No comments:

Post a Comment