Thursday, January 5, 2012

Giovanni

Well!!! My nap - my little break - turned into a full-blown hibernation! I wish I could say I am in a better place than I was in July. I can't. I'm older, fatter, my health is worse, and it is ever more difficult to hold onto that thing with feathers that resides in my heart. So, why did I come back?

I began this blog for three reasons:
1. To have somewhere to express myself. I am mostly by myself (well, there are always cats...) and other than the photographs I post in the void of Etsy, never-to-be-seen-again, I have few ways to share my creative self with others.
2. To reach out and hopefully connect with others. In the very small town I live in, I am considered different and odd. I didn't grow up anywhere near here. I am liberal politically among a very conservative majority. I am new age spiritually in a religiously traditional area. I am probably the oldest mother to a six-year-old in this town or the next. And I am a cat rescuer and animal communicator in a community of hunters. There are no mistakes in the Universe, but I do wonder what I am doing here!
3. To create a journal filled with words and pictures that might someday show my precious J who her mother was other than just Mommy. This is by far the most important reason to me.

These reasons still hold. They are why I came back.

No comments:

Post a Comment