Friday, December 3, 2010

tangled lanterns

J and I saw Tangled for the second time today. Tangled is Disney's version of the story of Rapunzel - with all the Disney classic touches like Barbie shaped women and movie star heroes and the requisite happy ending. Well, a happy ending for the hero and heroine, of course. The villians didn't fair so well. There is no forgiveness or redemption in the Disney kingdom.
J had wanted to see the movie from the first ad. And we went on opening day with two other girls joining us. She calls it Rapunzel. It's a sweet movie with beautiful animation. It was my first 3-d movie viewing experience. I have to say, with the exception of the clunky, uncomfortable glasses one must wear, it is quite an experience. It will never replace my love of a classic flat screen movie, but it does do something for a children's movie.
We went again today for something to do on a cold, rainy afternoon and because J loves the movie. Both times the same moment got to me - the release of the lanterns. I so wanted to be there. To be able to experience such a magical moment. It is, in my opinion, the most beautiful and touching moment in the movie. I suppose I'm just a sappy romantic, nevertheless the moment brought tears to my eyes.
Thank you, J, for allowing me the opportunity of living life through the eyes of a child where anything is possible, dreams come true, and love never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment