Friday, December 31, 2010

old year, new year

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul -
and sings the tunes without the words -
and never stops at all.



2010 in review -
Not one who looks back all that much. What's done is done. It has been a year of great joy and great heartache, of new friends and of friends who turn out not to be friends after all, of discovery and discovery of limitations. I have made good choices and huge mistakes. I have no regrets. Oh, maybe I regret not appreciating every moment of the journey as it was happening, not keeping focused on the gifts, and not taking more photographs. Otherwise, no regrets.

2011 looking forward -
Bring it on.

Never been big on celebrating New Year's Eve. Seems more like a night to get drunk than anything else. I suppose that is just me being judgmental! This NYE, though, is wonderful. I have gotten to spend the entire day with J. Just her and I. Bliss. We had plans - lunch at McDonald's playland, Yogi Bear movie, shopping at Target and Kohl's, dinner, baking cookies, and cuddling on the couch as we stay up till the new year. Not everything happened as planned. Let's just say, extreme temper tantrums will not be rewarded. Most happened though. Right now she is waiting impatiently for me on the sofa as I write this. One hour and 45 minutes to go, J's getting tired and a little cranky, but still hanging in there. I'm on my way.

Here's wishing every day of our new year is filled with love and loved ones, with moments to cherish and remember, with gifts so obvious even I can't miss them.

Happy New Year and Happy Every Day!

J and me
Salmon Creek, California Sonoma Coast - December 26, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment