Thursday, April 11, 2013

roller derby queen

J has become an avid roller skater. Not roller derby, more artistic. She has become quite good. So good that the trainers at the rink want her to take special lessons. She doesn't take after me at all. I am hopelessly uncoordinated on wheels. Off wheels, too. We go to the rink at least three times a week and she skates at home too. When she was just starting out, I would walk around the rink with her while she skated. She's way beyond that now. So, I watch from the sidelines. She looks like she is having so much fun and I want to join in. So, I'm getting a pair of roller skates. Quads. Cheap ones, probably through Amazon. I want to become really good at skating so I can rationalize buying these...

photo from the wonderful unsourced world of tumblr

The skates are by Moxie. Leopard print vinyl with pink wheels! I want them. I really really want them. Unfortunately, they are way out of my budget. Especially for the novice on wheels that I am. Someday...

If your budget is more flexible than mine, the skates are available through Moxie, Amazon, and Urban Outfitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment