Wednesday, August 29, 2012

wish i was there

I've been dreaming of the ocean. It was only three weeks ago that I was at Salmon Creek on the Sonoma Coast, but my soul was not filled. The last couple of days have been hard. Not hard hard, just icky. I'm feeling alone and separated and uncertain. I want the ocean. I need the ocean. J is going with her Dad to the mountains for the holiday weekend. I've been toying with the idea of driving to Fort Bragg for one day. I'd only have one day because I need to be back to take care of the neighbor's cats. It would only be 9 hours on the road for about two or three hours of ocean time! When I was young, I wouldn't even hesitate. Am I getting old!!!

The last time I was in Fort Bragg, J and I sat in the sand and watched the sun set. Then we went back to our hotel room on the beach. We left the sliding glass door open and listened to the surf. J watched tv, played with Barbies, and jumped on the bed - kind of all at the same time. I actually read a book. Okay, I played with the Barbies too, and after J went to sleep I read the book. It was a glorious time...

Fort Bragg, California
October 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment