Monday, May 16, 2011

toe-mae-toe/toe-mah-toe

The other morning as I was preparing an art lesson in collage at my daughter's kindergarten, one of the "moms" dropped off her daughter a little late. As the mom was leaving, I noticed the soles of her shoes - Louboutin red. I asked her if those were "loe-Ba-tins" - I'm such a hick. I've never actually known anyone who had a pair or heard the name. I've only seen it in print - mostly on blogs. She looked at me quizzically and then said, "Oh, you mean my "Lou-bi-tons." Love those Louboutins." I laughed out loud at myself. Then mentioned that they cost as much as two months rent for me. She said, "Oh! Don't make me feel bad." As she got into her Maserati and headed for their estate...

To be fair, this "mom" has become a good friend and is one of the nicest people you would ever meet. She is also a stunningly beautiful blonde and I envy everything about her. But in a nice way! Funny thing. The day before I was helping the kindergarten teacher with a scrapbook project and she just happened to mention that she didn't think she had seen this "mom's" daughter in the same outfit twice throughout the school year! We're a rural, agricultural community. There are a few people with money - mostly the large agricultural interests, one of which this "mom" married into. No other family in J's kindergarten or the other two classes come close to their wealth. I think most of us are at least a little envious.

I checked on-line. The shoes she was wearing probably cost between $800 and $1000. I LOVE shoes, but I don't think I could ever spend that much on something that I'm going to walk in the dirt with. Not when I could get 10 or more fabulous pairs of shoes for the price of one pair of Louboutins! Ooooh! I am green with envy!!!

Given money no object, guilt no concern, extreme pain not an issue...this is a pretty pair of Louboutins I wouldn't mind having...

only $1595 at saks

If I had that kind of money to spend on shoes (oh, to dream!), I'd really rather have something like these...


Maybe in my next lifetime money won't be such an issue...

No comments:

Post a Comment