Friday, November 19, 2010

Endings

A man came onto my island. I recognized an old friend and allowed him access. He was cute and sexy and fun and a bit of a bad boy - okay more than a bit bad. He had a kind heart and a beautiful soul. He also had a very troubled past and the inability to deal with his own emotions in an honest or beneficial way. He only knew how to run. How sad to not be able to trust anyone to love the real you. I opened my heart to him. I believed his words. I believed in his dreams. I gave assistance when needed. (read: money. Sadly, even on the island money is still required.) I stood by him as he made his way through the jungle. One day he left - without warning or explanation. Just was gone. And I am alone on the island once again.

I forgot how much love can hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment